The Top 5 Reasons Why People Like Lists
Feature of all magazine covers – the use of numbers. 7 Ways, 40 reasons, 6 secrets. Sometimes it comes to the absurd – on the cover of a magazine referred to the number surpasses 300.
The figures also good “catchy look.” They stand out from the rest of the text, in addition, they are more informative, they create the illusion of specificity. The figures are often found in web banners, and in the city for outdoor advertising.
If you have a choice, write “seven ways” or “7 Ways”, then choose the second variant. It is thought, that a person actually reads only the first three digits on a page. Therefore, “just over 300 000 ‘may be better than” 300 125 “.
Lists! We make them every day. But why they are so widespread?!
5. A simple headline: There’s a reason that newspapers have people to write the headlines of the articles. When the headline is about a top ten list, it’s a perfectly relevant headline. If people are even remotely interested in the topic, they’ll look.
4. Lists bring order to chaos. We like to classify and organize things. A list simply does that.
3. Lists are easy to skim. They have numbers beside them. They often have bold copy on the front part of the list so people can skim them quickly.
2. A good way to start communication. Lists are a great way to generate conversation. And social media, at its best, is about generating conversations. They might not happen under the lists. Also, arguing means sharing.
1. People like to see what’s on it, and the order. As soon as people see a list, they immediate wonder what’s on it. And so, the #1 thing on the list either affirms what they are thinking, or are completely wrong. That kind of black and white point ensures that people will be engaged.
And also it’s just a fascinating anti-stress activity. Make a list of films, places, where you would like to go or just to do list and than just to cross out them one by one. Progress is visible.
So, make lists!